Monday, January 7, 2013

New Year, New Apartment, New News


Our New Year's was pretty boring.  We were still sick so we didn't do much. Just another day in the life of a missionary.
  
President Packard came for District Meeting and it was really good.  He gave some good insights and had some fun with us at lunch so it was good to have him there.

Sister Packard will be coming down either this Friday or next Friday to spend some time with us and to help us move.  The Mission found an apartment.  Luckily it's only 2.7 miles away from Pops and Sweetie.  We're pretty sure it's the one we suggested to the APs.  To move in, you have to have a background check.  It's going to be a good place to live.  It looks nice anyway.

The weather has been really warm here.  It's only dipped down into the teens at night.  We haven't gotten any more snow since last week and most of it is melting away.  It's been that warm.  I've only pulled out my nice wool jacket for one or two days at a time.  And even then by midday I don't need it.

With the news that we are moving out I don't know how the W's are doing.  Mostly broken-hearted, I think.  But last night I was talking with Sweetie and she told me very firmly that the only thing that is going to change is that we don't sleep there anymore.  That's fine with me! =}
  
Things are going well out here.  We are teaching Zaria. 

President told us some things to keep the Sisters guessing.  So first of all we only have 12 English-speaking Sisters because some going home with medical issues.  We have 15 English-speaking Sisters arriving in February.  This means that there will be some trainers double training or some Spanish sisters transferring to the English program, but that can't work because in March a lot of them go home.  

Then he told us that Nantucket, MA is breaking off of the Brewster Ward (or Branch, I'm not sure which) to become it's own Branch, with only 6 families.  And guess who gets to go there?  Sister Missionaries.  !!!   Then the Hermanas told us that Sister Packard told them that Rhode Island is going to be getting more Sisters.   And we know that President’s Ward is getting Sisters. AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!  

I don't know where I'm going!!!!!!  I never do, but now there are just so many more variables. That's what's going on in my brain right now.  Just so you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are seen by the author before they are made public. If you would like to have a comment seen by the author but not by everyone, please say so in the comment.
Comments are always welcome!